That’s probably the biggest update in LEVEL-DESIGN.org Reference Database history! Here’s what I’ve updated:
- Brink (Link)
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Link)
- Doom 3 BFG Edition (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (Link)
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Link)
- Half-Life 2 (Link)
- Left4Dead 2 (Link)
- Mirror’s Edge (Link)
- Rage: Scorchers DLC (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- Team Fortress 2 (Link)
Some of the albums are still uncompleted, soon I’ll be uploading more pictures. Complete albums are marked with “(Complete SP Campaign)” sign in album name.
The “Videos” collection is currently removed from the database. I noticed some website performance problems so the videos will come back after fixing the issue.
CryEngine 3.5.6 has been released. For more information check impressive list of changes. You can download the latest version from CryDev website.
Crytek’s Ryse perfectly shows how next generation graphics can look like. Really breathtaking!
Much more screenshots are posted on Polycount Forums.
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 10:
That will be the last post this year, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 9:
I was really busy in last weeks so I couldn’t post regularly. Sorry for that, here’s a pack of Level Art & Design news for you:
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 8:
Awesome series of Battleblock Theater Development articles. See how Level Designer works with new mechanics and gameplay design. The articles can be found on The Behemoth’s Blog: Part 1 and part 2.
If you thought it’s next-gen scene with all new shiny technology then I’m afraid you’re wrong. Arbor Vitae it’s a UDK scene by MapCore folks – Helder Pinto and Philip Klevestav. Just watch:
More stuff on MapCore. If it’s still not enough, you should visit Helder’s and Philip’s portfolio websites.
Simon Barle, Foliage Artist from DICE shared on Polycount his environment work from Battlefield 4.
More screenshots here. Make sure to visit Simon’s portfolio website!
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 7:
- PlanetPhillip’s AmbushVille Competition Released! [Blog Post]
- How Not To Build Map In 10 Days – Daz’s AmbushVille Retrospective [Blog Post]
- AmbushVille Levels Walkthrough and Commentary by Custom Gamer [Athelstan] [Factory Condition]
- Dead City from Rage – Environment Presentation by Polygon Fragments [YouTube Video]
- Exclusive Interview with Phil Co, Level Designer at Valve [Interlopers Blog Post]