LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 9:
I was really busy in last weeks so I couldn’t post regularly. Sorry for that, here’s a pack of Level Art & Design news for you:
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 8:
Awesome series of Battleblock Theater Development articles. See how Level Designer works with new mechanics and gameplay design. The articles can be found on The Behemoth’s Blog: Part 1 and part 2.
If you thought it’s next-gen scene with all new shiny technology then I’m afraid you’re wrong. Arbor Vitae it’s a UDK scene by MapCore folks – Helder Pinto and Philip Klevestav. Just watch:
More stuff on MapCore. If it’s still not enough, you should visit Helder’s and Philip’s portfolio websites.
Simon Barle, Foliage Artist from DICE shared on Polycount his environment work from Battlefield 4.
More screenshots here. Make sure to visit Simon’s portfolio website!
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 7:
- PlanetPhillip’s AmbushVille Competition Released! [Blog Post]
- How Not To Build Map In 10 Days – Daz’s AmbushVille Retrospective [Blog Post]
- AmbushVille Levels Walkthrough and Commentary by Custom Gamer [Athelstan] [Factory Condition]
- Dead City from Rage – Environment Presentation by Polygon Fragments [YouTube Video]
- Exclusive Interview with Phil Co, Level Designer at Valve [Interlopers Blog Post]
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 6:
- The Depths from Dark Souls – Environment presentation by Polygon Fragments[YouTube Video]
- Procrastination Is Bad – A disease that touches most of the industry artists and designers, be aware! [Polycount Post]
- Valve Hammer Editor Mapping Survey – Interesting mappers survey results posted by Brian Riggsbee [Blog Post]
- In-Depth Look At Doom Episode 1 [Video Analysis]
- Level Design in Video Games – Article that explains what is Level Design and how it works, good for aspiring designers [Article]
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 5:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trilogy Level Analysis – Nice level analysis posted on Russian blog about Level Design (thanks channie for the link) [Blog article]
- Mainframe Mayhem by mfx – New Quake 1 Single Player level [Download, Screenshots, Discussion on func_msgboard]
- Salvage Street Scene – CryEngine scene by kwshipman [CryDev news website]
- Unreal Engine 4 Visual Effects – Amazing presentation of special effects from UE4 [YouTube Video]
- Fort Ratsack by Biff Debris – Video Commentary by Daz [YouTube Video]
- Operation: Make Faster Game – Talking about optimization in PlanetSide 2, many cool hints about methods that can save memory [YouTube]
In next few days I’ll be updating the Videos album with game titles that are already in Screenshots album. The list starts with Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (more than 100 videos!) and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I also added few screenshots from Left 4 Dead 2, Syndicate and Battlefield 3.
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 4: