I’m happy to announce the results of Best Level Art & Design of 2013 Survey! Winners will be awarded with a trophy! In one month I’ve collected votes from more than 400 people, mostly thanks to news posts from Polycount and MapCore. Thank you very much for voting and spreading the survey! So, the results are…
Best Level Design of 2013
Developed by Crystal Dynamics
Best Level Design of 2013 – Follow-Ups
Grand Theft Auto V
Developed by Rockstar North
Developed by Irrational Games
Best Level Art of 2013
Developed by Irrational Games
Best Level Art of 2013 – Follow-Ups
Developed by Crytek
Metro: Last Light
Developed by 4A Games
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 13
Articles & Interviews:
- Level Design and Procedural Generation in Shattered Planet [Article]
- Mateusz “seir” Piaskiewicz – Senior Level Artist – I’ve been inteviewed by LevelDesign.pl [Google Translate]
- Get A Job Daily: How To Be a Lead Level Designer – Interview with Adrian Sikora [Develop Online Article]
- Making of Catacombs Level [Hellraid Blog Post]
LEVEL-DESIGN.org Reference Database:
- New layout and some small improvements have been added!
- Half-Life 2: Episode One – Complete album added [Reference Database]
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two – Almost complete album added [Reference Database]
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 12:
- Top 6 Tutorials on Productivity, Focus and Time Management – Alex from World of Level Design updated some Level Design articles [Tutorials List]
- Thief: The Dark Project “Catacombs” – Level Presentation by Polygon Fragments [YouTube Video]
- Menkalinan by PuLSaR – New Quake 1 Single Player Level [func_msgboard Thread]
LEVEL-DESIGN.org Reference Database updates:
- Half-Life 2 (Complete) [Link]
- Left4Dead 2 [Link]
- FarCry 3: Blood Dragon (Complete) [Link]
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 11:
I’m proud to announce the first LEVEL-DESIGN.org Best Level Art & Design of 2013 survey!
Voting form can be found HERE.
Pick three of your favorite games and submit your vote. The survey will last till Friday, January 31, 2014. LEVEL-DESIGN.org will grant the winners with one prize for each category: “Best Level Design of 2013” and “Best Level Art of 2013“. Prizes will be covered from the donations from users. If you’d like to donate, please, contact me by email.
Please, tell your friends about the survey and let’s pick up the best level craft of 2013!
Thank you for your participation!
That’s probably the biggest update in LEVEL-DESIGN.org Reference Database history! Here’s what I’ve updated:
- Brink (Link)
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Link)
- Doom 3 BFG Edition (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (Link)
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Link)
- Half-Life 2 (Link)
- Left4Dead 2 (Link)
- Mirror’s Edge (Link)
- Rage: Scorchers DLC (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- Team Fortress 2 (Link)
Some of the albums are still uncompleted, soon I’ll be uploading more pictures. Complete albums are marked with “(Complete SP Campaign)” sign in album name.
The “Videos” collection is currently removed from the database. I noticed some website performance problems so the videos will come back after fixing the issue.
CryEngine 3.5.6 has been released. For more information check impressive list of changes. You can download the latest version from CryDev website.
Crytek’s Ryse perfectly shows how next generation graphics can look like. Really breathtaking!
Much more screenshots are posted on Polycount Forums.
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 10:
That will be the last post this year, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 9: