LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 12:
- Top 6 Tutorials on Productivity, Focus and Time Management – Alex from World of Level Design updated some Level Design articles [Tutorials List]
- Thief: The Dark Project “Catacombs” – Level Presentation by Polygon Fragments [YouTube Video]
- Menkalinan by PuLSaR – New Quake 1 Single Player Level [func_msgboard Thread]
LEVEL-DESIGN.org Reference Database updates:
- Half-Life 2 (Complete) [Link]
- Left4Dead 2 [Link]
- FarCry 3: Blood Dragon (Complete) [Link]
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 11:
I’m proud to announce the first LEVEL-DESIGN.org Best Level Art & Design of 2013 survey!
Voting form can be found HERE.
Pick three of your favorite games and submit your vote. The survey will last till Friday, January 31, 2014. LEVEL-DESIGN.org will grant the winners with one prize for each category: “Best Level Design of 2013” and “Best Level Art of 2013“. Prizes will be covered from the donations from users. If you’d like to donate, please, contact me by email.
Please, tell your friends about the survey and let’s pick up the best level craft of 2013!
Thank you for your participation!
That’s probably the biggest update in LEVEL-DESIGN.org Reference Database history! Here’s what I’ve updated:
- Brink (Link)
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Link)
- Doom 3 BFG Edition (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (Link)
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Link)
- Half-Life 2 (Link)
- Left4Dead 2 (Link)
- Mirror’s Edge (Link)
- Rage: Scorchers DLC (Complete SP Campaign) (Link)
- Team Fortress 2 (Link)
Some of the albums are still uncompleted, soon I’ll be uploading more pictures. Complete albums are marked with “(Complete SP Campaign)” sign in album name.
The “Videos” collection is currently removed from the database. I noticed some website performance problems so the videos will come back after fixing the issue.
CryEngine 3.5.6 has been released. For more information check impressive list of changes. You can download the latest version from CryDev website.
Crytek’s Ryse perfectly shows how next generation graphics can look like. Really breathtaking!
Much more screenshots are posted on Polycount Forums.
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 10:
That will be the last post this year, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 9:
I was really busy in last weeks so I couldn’t post regularly. Sorry for that, here’s a pack of Level Art & Design news for you:
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 8:
Awesome series of Battleblock Theater Development articles. See how Level Designer works with new mechanics and gameplay design. The articles can be found on The Behemoth’s Blog: Part 1 and part 2.