LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 37
Hello fellow artists and designers! Welcome to the 37th Volume of the LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup! I wanted to inform you about potential major website changes in the near future. I have a few ideas on how to improve the website.
From other news: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, the game I was working on for more than a year is finally released! I hope you’ll enjoy our levels as much as we enjoyed working on this game. Have fun!
Cheers and enjoy the latest roundup!
Articles & Tutorials:
- How to Design Levels With the “Super Mario World Method” by Patrick Holleman
- Practicing Good Level Design
- Pros and Cons of Procedural Level Generation by Gregory Schier
- Level Design: Views and Vistas by Mike Stout
- Gamasutra – Four Useful Habits for Level Designers by Geoff Ellenor
- Gamasutra – Great Level Design Tips, Using Super Mario Maker by Catharina Bøhler
- Top 5 Best Wind Levels in Gaming
- Practical Level Design Lessons by Elad Drory
- Great Levels in Gaming #18 – Dark Souls (Part 2)
- Game Maker’s Toolkit – Why Nathan Drake Doesn’t Need a Compass
- Other Places: Pauli’s Diner (Batman: Arkham Knight), Alien: Isolation
- GDC ’15: Community Level Design for Competitive Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
LEVEL-DESIGN.org Reference Database Updates: