Hello! Sorry for the lack of updates on my website. I’m preparing a few big things, some updates in the Knowledge Base and some small projects I’m crafting at night. Anyway, here’s a list of the latest news from the level art and design part of the games industry.
By the way, we have a great occasion to celebrate! The Reference Database hit more than 41 000 pictures in all the galleries! Thanks to all contributors!
If I’ve missed an interesting article or a video about the level design, feel free to let me know and I’ll post it right here!
LEVEL-DESIGN.org News Roundup – Volume 26:
- Environmental Storytelling in Games by Jethro Jongeneel
- I Don’t Want To Design Levels Any More by Geoff Ellenor
- Level Design “Dramas” […] by Hamish Todd
- Deep In The Shadows: Thief Design Analysis by Justin Keverne
- Designing Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
- Excerpts From An Architectural Approach To Level Design by Christopher Totten
Contests and Challenges:
- CustomGamer: Teh Ratz in Teh Wallz by Scampie – Quake 1 SP Commentary Video by Daz
- CustomGame: Yellow Brick Grotto by RickyT23 – Quake 1 SP Commentary Video by Daz
- Procedural Level Editor by Machiel van Hooren
- Great Level Design and The Artistic Expression of Mathematics
LEVEL-DESIGN.org Reference Database Updates: